According to the Environmental Working Group, the average woman uses 12 products containing 168 different ingredients daily. Most of these products are full of chemicals and toxins that we don’t want to get anywhere near, much less put on our skin. Carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, reproductive and developmental toxins are in most of the products you find on department and drugstore shelves. Shockingly, cosmetics and ingredients do not require approval from the FDA before they hit the market. Thankfully there are fantastic companies like Herbal Grace Creations who are creating safe alternatives that actually work.
What's To Love?:
According to their site, Herbal Grace Creations LLC provides you with what you deserve – pure and naturally effective skin and beauty products created with transparency, not chemicals. Many of their ingredients are organic, and all are free from parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, lauryl sulfates, fragrance, Triclosan and other toxic chemicals. You can read the full ingredient list for each product not only in their Etsy shop, but also right on the labels. Their packaging is minimal, some is recyclable and reusable.
What’s to love?
1. The Ingredients. Herbal Grace uses natural ingredients such as Kaolin clay, organic raw almonds, organic oats, organic wheat bran, organic lavender flowers, organic red rose petals, organic calendula flowers, organic chamomile flowers, organic coconut oil, and beeswax to name a few. No microbeads here!
2. Their products work. The Organic Loose Face Powder does an amazing job of eliminating shine without feeling drying. The Organic Hibiscus Powder Blush gives me a lovely, light, pretty pink cheek. The Organic Facial Cleansing Grains gently exfoliate, leaving a fresh, dewy glow. And, my very favorite, the Herbal Body Salve is perfect for dry winter skin and smells so delicious I almost tasted it.
3. The price. With price points between $4 and $25, you can have chemical-free, luxurious products that don’t break the bank.
4. The packaging. I am obsessed with the adorable jar that the Organic Facial Cleansing Grains comes in – cute and reusable.
5. Sisters Ashley and Lindsay are at-home moms who started Herbal Grace Creations out of their own kitchens.
Why buy versus go without?
Of course you could go without beauty products, but even green mamas like their skin to look and feel fabulous.