on July 30, 2014
I’ve been a longtime believer in essential oils. They’re derived from natural sources (plants and flowers) and can be used for both green cleaning and natural medicine. Most cleaning products give me a headache, but I love the scent of essential oils. I’d much rather use them in my home and on my body than any synthetic ingredients. Plus, essential oils are easy to use—add a few drops into an aromatherapy burner or into a warm bath to aid in everything from colds and fevers to stress and insomnia.
Ylang ylang essential oil is extracted through steam distillation of flowers from the Cananga odorata, a tree native to the Philippines and Indonesia. Aura Cacia Ylang Ylang III is a 100% pure grade essential oil that is also available in a certified organic version.
What's To Love?:
- Essential oils are natural alternatives to chemical-laden products. Use them in lieu of traditional health and cleaning products to reduce air pollution.
- Aura Cacia’s line of essential oils comes in recyclable glass bottles.
- Reduce consumption and keep the earth happy when you buy one potent, eco-friendly bottle of ylang ylang that can be used for multiple purposes (see below) rather than buying an assortment of products.
- Aura Cacia’s commitment to sourcing their ingredients sustainably.
What’s to love?
- The single, identifiable ingredient: Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil.
- The sweet, flowery smell.
- The many health benefits of ylang ylang: relaxes nerves, lowers blood pressure, stimulates circulation, relieves sexual anxiety, eases muscle spasms and balances oil production in skin and hair.
- Aura Cacia gives 1% of their sales to support organic farmers. I always love a company that gives back!
Why buy versus go without?
Ylang ylang makes an eco-friendly and versatile addition to your essential oil collection. Combine it with other oils for a conditioning hair treatment, a stress-relieving massage, a dry skin body cream, a room air freshener or a natural perfume.
Getting started with essential oils and aromatherapy.
The Green Mama: Air Fresheners Stink!
Review by The Green Mama contributor Donna DeForbes.
For many, essential oils are a safe and effective alternative to products containing harmful fragrances/parfums and toxic chemicals.
Aura Cacia has a commitment to sustainable sourcing with their Well Earth program.