Close The Green Mama Signup Popup

Empowering, inspiring, award-winning & my Grandma says you’ll love it….

Signup!

Get Inspired & Informed:

The Green Mama Blog

  • How do I live with lead paint & a young child?

    Dear Julia You may stop worrying about the lead paint in your old home. I know: this is easier said then done, but I promise you that your situation is manageable! I have almost always chosen (with having way too much knowledge about heavy metals, neurotoxins, and old houses) to live in old houses. Why?…
    Read More

  • Candles: The Toxic Truth, Safer Option, Beeswax Candle DIY

    Candles are a lovely way to add a celebratory feeling to a birthday, chase a little of the dark away during the holiday season, or grace a dinner table. Unfortunately, most candles release toxins into the air and, then, into the body of your family. Regular candles are made of paraffin wax which is basically…
    Read More

  • Toxins and your child’s brain: do little things matter?

    Watch this amazing video to feel as smart as the best scientist in less than 5 minutes. Do little things matter when it comes to your child’s brain? When I say little–I mean so tiny we couldn’t see with a human eye, on drop in a swimming pool type exposures? The unfortunate answer is YES…
    Read More